I am a dedicated and tireless communicator of strategic initiatives with particular interest in translating strategy into accomplishable objectives to empower individuals to create positive change in organizations.
vice president of operations and general manager
I direct strategic initiatives around the development, operations, and financial aspects of 8020 Builder's services.
I enjoy challenges as well as engaging with highly functional teams to tackle those challenges. All work has a purpose and each person involved should know that purpose in order to produce the desired results. I strive to make this possible.
Children's Hospital Colorado • 2011 to 2016
Senior EPMO Project Manager
As a Senior EPMO Project Manager, I specialize in providing superior Owner representation and internal Project Management during the design, construction, and operations phases including scheduling, budget control, executing and managing contracts, interfacing with various internal support and user groups, and leading the overall implementation process of any given facility or system launch.
- Radiology and Procedure Center
- Seacrest Studios
- South Campus
- Disaster Recovery Data Center
Rimrock Group, Inc. • 2009 to 2011
Senior Project Manager
As a Sr. Project Manager, I directed and coordinated the efforts of a team of Engineers and Designers assigned to a given project. I controlled all aspects of design to ensure that projects delivered on schedule and within budget. I initiated and maintained liaison with client and A/E contacts to facilitate design activities. I represented the company in project meetings; managed financial aspects of contracts to protect the company's interests, and developed corporate strategy into specific objectives for staff to accomplish.
- University of Colorado at Boulder Biotechnology Building
- Children's Hospital Colorado East Tower
- 3 Children's Hospital Colorado Clinics
- Children's Hospital Colorado Village Pavilion
- University of Wyoming Energy Resource Center
- Denver University Academic Commons
Opus Northwest • 2015 to 2016
Team Leader / Project Manager
I led an incredible team of construction professionals that managed the construction of a 3 year, 120 million dollar, two tower high rise condominium project in Denver, CO. I assumed the leadership role of the team during the 2nd phase of the project, where I was responsible for the overall budget, scope, schedule, and quality of the project delivered. In my time at Opus, I also led portions our local corporate effort to improve performance by operationalizing established strategic success initiatives.
- Pinnacle At City Park
Gerald Martin, Ltd. • 1998 to 2006
Operationally, I launched an internal system for analyzing and tracking team productivity related to self-performed concrete work, I spearheaded the company-wide effort to implement various project management software systems, and I wrote and initiated the successful business plan to expand the company's operations to Taos, NM.
- Sun Healthcare World Headquarters
- University of New Mexico Hospital Ambulatory Surgery and Imaging Center
- University of New Mexico Cancer Research Center, Bratton Hall School of Law
- Dion's Pizza Restaurants (multiple locations)
- Octopus Car Wash
- Museum of New Mexico Administration Building
- Acoma Pueblo Early Childhood Development Center
University of Washington • 1993 to 1998
- Bachelor of Science, Construction Management
University of New Mexico • 2003 to 2005
- Executive Master of Business Administration